Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Pathways Client Advocate is responsible for assisting families in becoming self-sufficient through assessing clients’ strengths and needs, and assisting them in removing barriers so they may obtain job placement and job retention.
MISSION OF ORGANIZATION
Through its mission, HRDC empowers people in need through the mobilization and development of community resources by creating opportunities for success in Big Horn, Carbon, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, and Yellowstone Counties. All HRDC activities focus on 6 national goals: Self- sufficiency, community revitalization, community ownership and pride, partnerships among supporters and service providers, agencies increase their capacity, and strengthen families and communities.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Conducts assessments to identify the need for intervention, provides guidance, and connects clients to available resources
- Conducts intensive case management meetings and monitors participant attendance and scheduled activities in accordance with program requirements
- Develops action plans for achieving self-sufficiency
- Assists clients in appropriate selection of work experience based on career interests and skill level
- Assists clients with paperwork pertinent to self-sufficiency needs, such as SSI, job, childcare, and housing applications
- Serves as client advocate
- Facilitates classes, program overviews, and assessments
- Participates in staff meetings, cases reviews, and supervisory coaching. Balances time spent between case management and file-maintenance as enrollment numbers change
- Collects data, and tracks participant progress, as required for each program
- Maintains individual case files and required, extensive and detailed documentation including applications, assessments, case notes, supportive services, and work experience as required by federal, state, and agency funding requirements
- Collects data, and tracks participant progress, as required by reporting agencies for each program
- Attends professional development activities
- Participates in staff meetings, team building, technical training, and coaching
- Works closely with clients and community partners to identify resources and make appropriate referrals
- Represents HRDC at community meetings and events
- Implements agency work plans at the program level to ensure achievement of set goals
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency
Education and Experience:
- Integrates knowledge of budgeting and management experience into program operations.
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Models an objective and non-judgmental attitude.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Services or related field, minimum of 2 years related experience, or equivalent.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
The employee will be required to drive locally and to out-lying communities. Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally move up to 25 pounds; maintain a stationary position while using a computer; frequently communicate with co-workers and members of the community on the phone, in writing and in person; needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work at various job locations.