Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall direction of maintenance and operation of all HRDC buildings, properties, and mechanical functions, i.e. plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and structural. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of agency vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Partner with HRDC management, agency staff or appropriate vendors to ensure that building repairs and maintenance are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Monitor and evaluate building and property components on an on-going basis. Recommend and implement authorized changes and repairs.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations by following procedures and product specifications for the safe use of all chemical cleaners, solutions, power equipment, etc.
- Monitor building security and safety. Serve as a point of contact for building emergencies, including on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Clean facilities including: servicing restrooms, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash, etc.
- Ensure timely snow removal from sidewalks and parking areas.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Ensure that agency vehicles are maintained and in proper working condition.
- Supervise and lead subordinate staff [and volunteers] in a fair and productive manner in accordance with the agency’s policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Participate in the selection process, conduct employee evaluations, enforce discipline, and terminations as required.
- Ensure that appropriate training has been provided to his/her staff as needed.
- Communicate policy and policy changes to his/her staff.
- Resolve employee conflicts and client grievances according to established policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate competency in leadership; develop and maintain an effective team.
- Active member of the agency Safety Committee.
- Complete special projects as assigned. Perform other duties assigned and determined to be productive and efficient for the continuing improvement of the Agency.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and one (1) or more years of work related experience; or High School Diploma, GED or HISET with at least five (5) years of work related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience to fully meet the obligations of the position.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have knowledge of home construction principles and procedures and experience in home construction or remodeling. Must have thorough knowledge of maintenance procedures. Strong organizational, listening and communication skills are required. Knowledge of safety requirements for construction and related industries and knowledge of HVAC systems preferred.
License and Certifications:
Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.