Under the supervision of the Energy Assistance Director and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Client Service Worker is delegated the responsibility for LIEAP eligibility determination and assisting participants in the application process.
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluates submitted applications to ensure all documents have been submitted
- Assists applicants with questions and helps to gather all required documentation
- Determines income eligibility
- Serves as applicant advocate
- Maintains accurate case notes
- Participates in staff meetings, cases reviews, and supervisory coaching
Education and Experience:
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one or more years related experience or training.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
The employee may be required to drive locally, and to outlying communities. Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.