Under the supervision of the Branch Operations Director and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Weatherization Director is delegated the responsibility to lead the ongoing strategy, development, and implementation of the company’s Weatherization programs by ensuring the successful day to day operations of the programs. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all state and federal guidelines, and grant and contract requirements are met; assisting staff to perform their jobs effectively; and act as a liaison between staff and other related agencies.
MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Through its mission, HRDC-7 empowers people in need through the mobilization and development of community services creating opportunities for success in Big Horn, Carbon, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, and Yellowstone Counties. All HRDC-7 activities focus on 3 national goals:
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
- Individuals and families with low incomes are stable and achieve economic security.
- Communities where people with low incomes live are healthy and offered economic opportunities.
- People with low incomes are engaged and active in building opportunities in communities.
- Under the direction of the Branch Operations Director, develop, administer and monitor program operating budgets and expenditures and provide comprehensive program reports as required.
- Establish procedures for completions of multiple contracts following all relevant federal and state rules and regulations.
- Review all energy audit results ensuring SIR compliance. Have all Energy Services Programs reviewed for compliance.
- Work to resolve client grievances according to established policy and procedures.
- Evaluate Weatherization programs on an on-going basis and implement authorized program changes to meet changing program requirements.
- Manage the purchase of materials and supplies for the Weatherization program to ensure proper expenditures of program funds and job costing.
- Manage the implementation and oversight of procedures to ensure Weatherization property, tools, supplies and materials are accounted for and that inventory is current and accurate.
- Ensure that Weatherization vehicles are maintained and in proper working condition.
- Establish, monitor and enforce safety procedures and protocols for the Weatherization program.
- Work closely with the Branch Operations Director and staff to ensure the mission of the agency and its respective programs are implemented and comply with program contracts as well as state and federal regulations.
- Provide timely reports as required by respective programs and agency requirements. Update, communicate, and implement all program changes that reflect and impact compliance requirements.
- Attend and conduct meetings for the purpose of training staff to implement program policy changes, safety procedures, etc. and address employee concerns.
- Follow the training requirements for each grant and ensure all employees are meeting requirements including CEUs and coursework to ensure the spending of the training and technical assistance budgets.
- Attend all weatherization trainings to ensure foundational knowledge of all jobs within the Weatherization Program.
- Assist in developing means of expanding the agency’s participation, services and influence in all five counties of District 7.
- Implements agency work plans at the program level to ensure achievement of set goals.
Complete special projects as assigned. Be flexible in assuming new duties and perform other duties assigned and determined to be productive and efficient for the continuing improvement of the agency.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supervise and lead subordinate staff [and volunteers] in a fair and productive manner in accordance with the agency’s policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Participate in the selection process, conduct employee evaluations, enforce discipline, and terminations as required.
- Ensure that appropriate training has been provided to his/her staff as needed.
- Communicate policy and policy changes to his/her staff.
- Resolve employee conflicts and client grievances according to established policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate competency in leadership; develop and maintain an effective team.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and five years of supervisory experience, preferably in building trades; or equivalent combination of relatable education and experience. Construction and mechanical experience is desired.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of energy saving techniques: air sealing, duct sealing, furnace tune-ups. Must be able to implement and follow program budgets.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency.