Under the supervision of the Strategic Development Planner and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Marketing and Public Relations Specialist is delegated the responsibility for all internal and external communications including: print, broadcast, and digital media to promote agency programs and services through a positive public image in the community.
The incumbent will collaborate with others in the organization and community to promote the HRDC brand and is responsible for the creation, development, and implementation of agency events, outreach, and marketing efforts, including a newsletter and other agency publications. The Marketing and Public Relations Specialist is responsible for active engagement and collaboration with the HRDC management team and in all matters related to the agency's marketing and public relations activities.
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop media strategies for program announcements and events.
- Build and distribute press releases, attend community meetings, and respond to media questions/requests.
- Administer and monitor all agency social media activities including: community boards, FB, Instagram, and internal boards to identify pertinent news, post items, and answer questions.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with media and other key groups, including social media.
- Manage all internal and external communications including the agency websites.
- Manage the online calendar, news feeds, video embeds, SEO key words, and forms.
- Manage HRDC's digital strategy and execute online media initiatives within budget constraints.
- Track and report social media and website analytics.
- Create and collaborate the design of marketing materials.
- When directed, solicit donations and in-kind requests for pertinent events, and complete/forms for tracking and accountability.
- Meet production deadlines, including bid management to project completion.
- Manage marketing projects.
- Coordinate and plan agency events and manage volunteers.
- Maintain staff directory, schedules & forms, celebrations, and post pertinent daily information on the agency intranet site.
- Understand all programs and services, with the ability to explain them to the community, funders, and members of the press.
- Organize and coordinate community resource fairs and agency outreach events.
- Strengthen current relationships and build new ones with potential sponsors, city officials, civic clubs, nonprofit networks, and others who interact with HRDC.
- Serve as agency spokesperson.
- Make presentations when needed.
- Maintain and increase professional and technical skills by participating in education and professional development activities.
- Analyze and report on performance and efficiency.
- Complete special projects as assigned. Be flexible in assuming new duties and perform other duties assigned and determined to be productive and efficient for the continuing improvement of the agency.
- Possess a keen understanding of social media and viral marketing, and have the ability to communicate with mainstream media.
- Demonstrate proficiency with graphic design software, and understand analytics, and in-house publishing. Be comfortable with digital photography and able to manage a digital library.
- Established administrative platform skills with social media, community boards, and digital platforms.
- Effectively communicate on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations or related field, plus a minimum of two years’ experience in copywriting and solid editorial skills to include writing and proofing; or equivalent combination of education and experience to fully meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Experience in social media practices for business and or volunteer campaigns/marketing is a plus.
Must possess strong conceptual skills and be adept at juggling multiple projects effectively, under tight deadlines, with little supervision.
Experience or an interest in learning state and federal grant writing.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors co-workers to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency.
Aimee Salyer, Interim Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Department | 406.869.2590 email@example.com
District 7 Human Resources Development Council
7 North 31st Street, P.O. Box 2016, Billings, MT 59103
hrdc7.org | 800.433.1411 | fax 406.248.2943