Under the supervision of the Branch Manager and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned rooms, buildings, and related Agency facilities.
MISSION OF ORGANIZATION
Through its mission, HRDC empowers people in need through the mobilization and development of community services creating opportunities for success in Big Horn, Carbon, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, and Yellowstone Counties. All HRDC activities focus on 3 national goals:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
- Individuals and families with low incomes are stable and achieve economic security.
- Communities where people with low incomes live are healthy and offered economic opportunities.
- People with low incomes are engaged and active in building opportunities in communities.
- Clean designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc.)
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Maintain and order custodial equipment and supplies
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Follow all health and safety regulations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Minimum qualifications any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
License and Certifications:
Not applicable to this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally move up to 25 pounds; position oneself to move around office furniture and move from one office to another. Due to changes in the location and scope of work, the employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment to ensure a safe work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Strong organizational, listening and communication skills, including both verbal and written are required.
- The employee must have the ability to work with low-income and disadvantaged people with an objective, non-judgmental attitude.
- The employee must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased conduct.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
Aimee Salyer, Interim Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Department | 406.869.2590 email@example.com
District 7 Human Resources Development Council
7 North 31st Street, P.O. Box 2016, Billings, MT 59103
hrdc7.org | 800.433.1411 | fax 406.248.2943