Under the supervision of the Branch Manager and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Program Assistant is delegated the responsibility of determining eligibility of applicants seeking services from the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) Crow Food Program. This position is also responsible for greeting and assisting clients and performing various clerical duties.
MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Through its mission, HRDC-7 empowers people in need through the mobilization and development of community services creating opportunities for success in Big Horn, Carbon, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, and Yellowstone Counties. All HRDC-7 activities focus on 3 national goals:
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
- Individuals and families with low incomes are stable and achieve economic security.
- Communities where people with low incomes live are healthy and offered economic opportunities.
- People with low incomes are engaged and active in building opportunities in communities.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain client files, including applications, income verification, and case notes
- Determine eligibility of program applicants
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients and staff
- Prepare timely monthly reports as required by respective programs and agencies
- Create and fill issuances with participants in the absence of the warehouseman
- Assist with recording inventory when needed
- Perform data entry
- Cordially greet and assist clients; refer them to appropriate program or community resource
- Answer telephones in a courteous and timely manner and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain knowledge of available agency staff and events
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as needed
- Provide clerical services for clients and staff
- Attends professional development activities
- Participates in staff meetings, team building, technical training, and coaching.
- Represents HRDC at community meetings and events.
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally move up to 25 pounds; maintain a stationary position while using a computer; frequently communicate with co-workers and members of the community on the phone, in writing and in person; needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is typical of that of an office setting. The employee must occasionally move up to 25 pounds; maintain a stationary position while using a computer. Tasks will involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
On account of the office being located inside of our warehouse, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also exposed, on occasion to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works outside and is exposed to the weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency
Aimee Salyer, Interim Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Department | 406.869.2590 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 7 Human Resources Development Council
7 North 31st Street, P.O. Box 2016, Billings, MT 59103
hrdc7.org | 800.433.1411 | fax 406.248.2943