Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Tech Support Specialist II is delegated the responsibility for administering the agency’s network system, including all software and workstations connected to the agencies servers, and administration and maintenance of the agency telephone system.
The incumbent must be familiar with the administration of other computer systems and various computer software. Be able to implement, install and configure, monitor, troubleshoot and evaluate existing and new systems. The Network and Computer System Administrator is responsible for the maintenance and security of the agency’s intranet and computer systems and must be able to maintain the agency’s Avaya phone system.
MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Through its mission, HRDC-7 empowers people in need through the mobilization and development of community services creating opportunities for success in Big Horn, Carbon, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, and Yellowstone Counties. All HRDC-7 activities focus on 3 national goals:
Job Title: Tech Support Specialist II
|Reports To (Title): CEO
||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
|Supervisory Position: No
||Position Status: Full-Time
Position Status: Part-Time
|Prepared By: Human Resources
||Revision Date: October 2023
- Individuals and families with low incomes are stable and achieve economic security.
- Communities where people with low incomes live are healthy and offered economic opportunities.
- People with low incomes are engaged and active in building opportunities in communities.
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Under the supervision of the CEO ensure the agency network and computer systems are operating properly.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of the agency phone system. Set up new users numbers and credentials within the Avaya Phone system, O365 and Domain.
- Order and track IT needs and supplies.
- Implement and provide technical support for voice services and equipment, such as private branch exchange, voice mail system, and telecom system.
- Set-up/install new hardware, systems, and machines as directed by Agency Directors and Executive Management.
- Maintain and administer communication and computer networks and related environments including: hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations.
- Manage all help desk activities company wide, including responding to escalated help desk issues, documenting and tracking the status of inquiries, coordinating appropriate responses and follow-up.
- Maintain and perform hardware set up, apply configuration or system modifications to ensure high availability and performance
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on all company devices and machines.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Work in conjunction with Cosentus when necessary on larger projects and/or IT issues.
- Train people in computer system use, computer programs, and agency policies regarding computer and internet usage.
- Recommend new equipment and software packages.
- Complete special projects as assigned. Be flexible in assuming new duties and perform other duties assigned and determined to be productive and efficient for the continuing improvement of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to communicate and follow through are expected.
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
Education and Experience:
A four (4) year degree in Computer or Information Science, Network Systems Administration, or related field of study and two (2) year’s relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience to fully meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or listen. The employee is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must have manual dexterity to type and use a computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency
Aimee Salyer, Interim Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Department | 406.869.2590 email@example.com
District 7 Human Resources Development Council
7 North 31st Street, P.O. Box 2016, Billings, MT 59103
hrdc7.org | 800.433.1411 | fax 406.248.2943