Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and in accordance with the direction and mission of District 7 HRDC, the Energy Services Director is delegated the responsibility to lead the ongoing strategy, development, and implementation of the company’s energy services programs and coordinate all phases of the energy conservation and utility bill assistance programs. Work with Federal, State and governing authorities to ensure that client’s needs are met and the Energy Division programs meet standards and regulations. Works closely with Fiscal staff to assure funding source compliance.
MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Through its mission, HRDC-7 empowers people in need through the mobilization and development of community services creating opportunities for success in Big Horn, Carbon, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, and Yellowstone Counties. All HRDC-7 activities focus on 3 national goals:
- Individuals and families with low incomes are stable and achieve economic security.
- Communities where people with low incomes live are healthy and offered economic opportunities.
- People with low incomes are engaged and active in building opportunities in communities.
The requirements listed, are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each task satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand the agency’s mission and philosophy, and fully participate in promoting accomplishment of agency’s goals and objectives.
- Interview, select, train, motivate, counsel, discipline, and evaluate staff and participate in termination when necessary. Establish work schedules and delegate duties.
- Develop and manage program operating budgets, prepare comprehensive program reports as necessary.
- Establish procedures for completions of multiple contracts following all relevant federal and state rules and regulations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations at all times maintaining program and agency’s mutual direction of serving low income clients in our five county area.
- Review all energy audit results assuring SIR compliance. Have all Energy Services Programs reviewed for compliance.
- Identify staff training needs and facilitate such training.
- Assist in developing means of expanding the agency’s participation, services and influence in all five counties of District 7.
- Identify community resources and establish formal referral network.
- Implements agency work plans at the program level to ensure achievement of set goals.
- Must uphold the Results-Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) principles and practices at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supervises and leads subordinate staff [and volunteers] in a fair and productive manner in accordance with the agency’s policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Participates in the selection process, conducts employee evaluations, enforces discipline, and terminations as required.
- Ensures that appropriate training has been provided to his/her staff as needed.
- Communicates policy and policy changes to his/her staff.
- Resolves employee conflicts and client grievances according to established policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in leadership; develops and maintains an effective team.
- Effectively communicates on all platforms.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Adheres to a consistent work schedule.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Maintains professional boundaries with participants;
- Must have the ability to work with low income and disadvantaged people by modeling an unbiased, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate interactions with coworkers and management.
- Contributes to a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Must be a team player to ensure overall program success.
- Nurtures, builds, and mentors employees to build a cohesive team.
- Brings creative suggestions and potential solutions to direct supervisor regarding work barriers and team efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and five years of supervisory experience, preferably in building trades; or equivalent combination of relatable education and experience. Construction and mechanical experience is desired
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of energy saving techniques: air sealing, duct sealing, furnace tune-ups. Must be able to implement and follow program budgets.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License, proof of personal automobile insurance and must meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or listen. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work at various job locations. Due to changes in the location and scope of work, the employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment to ensure a safe work environment. Employee is exposed to the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.